Programme: Co-ordination, Support and Promotion of Needs-driven R & D in the SA Dairy Industry. Manager: Heinz Meissner. Goals. To accumulate and publish existing domestic and international scientific knowledge of applicable and practical value to enhance the industry.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Manager: Heinz Meissner
2. Co-operative Research Networks (CRN’s) are encouraged. The SESCORD initiative is an example with participants the three provinces, Fort Hare, AmadleloAgri and indirectly the US and UKZN. It is foreseen that prominent dairy farmers will soon come on board.
4. Fund sourcing: Project Leaders are assisted if required.
- The Prevalence and Treatment of Liver Fluke
- Resistance to Antibiotics in Cows with Mastitis
- The Prevalence of and Reasons for Milk Flocculation
- Nitrogen-supplying Crops and Silages for the WC
1. Evaluator of UKZN – WRC Project: First Report expected July-August 2014.
2. Support MBA student who conducts a similar study in the Gauteng Area: Structured Questionnaires will be sent out to dairy factories in the second half of 2014.
3. Reports to the IDF, GDAA and the IDF-FAO Alliance: Input was provided to DSF document, “Sustainable Dairy Nutrients are essential to Human Health”, “Water and Food Security” and documents of the Livestock Environmental Assessment and Performance Partnership.