Kenya’s Action Plan. Nicholas Wambua MD; MPH; DTCE. Technical Advisor -Tuberculosis CDC –Nairobi. WHO/OGAC - HIV/TB MEETING. TB Disease in Kenya. TB case finding: 115,234 in 2006 TB Case Notification Rate - 325/100,000 Average annual increase (5 yrs): 12-16%
Nicholas Wambua MD; MPH; DTCE.
Technical Advisor -Tuberculosis
WHO/OGAC - HIV/TB MEETING
1. IPT should not be implemented nationwide now
2. Implementation should be in selected settings
3. Groups to implement IPT
4. Develop standardized guidelines for all that implement IPT. Currently there are different protocols in use.
5. Develop clear M& E plan that include process, outcome and impact indicators.
6. Conduct community feasibility/benefit studies.
Plan of action:
M & E