CH 12 PPT : Second War for Independence and Upsurge of Nationalism 1812-1824. Ch 12 Tmwk. Why did the U.S. go to war with Britain in 1812? Who would side with Britain? Pg 234 From what 3 areas did the U.S. launch attacks on Britain? Pg 234 Name 2 bodies of water where battles took place.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
5. Pg 238 What states are being ridiculed in the political cartoon?
6. Pg 238 What is the political cartoon intending to depict?
Henry Clay: plan for developing a profitable home market.
3 main parts:
Strong banking system to provide a lot of credit.
Protective tariff to help American manufacturers.
Build network of roads and canals in Ohio area, (money to come from the tariff) to connect all of U.S. to exchange goods/raw materials.
Congress voted to give money for construction programs, but Pres Madison vetoed it. Believed states were responsible for roads/canals, and not federal Govt.
7. Pg 247 What did the legislative branch decide in this Act: Missouri Compromise?
8. Pg. 250 At what line of latitude was the northern border of the Louisiana territory? Which river is south of this border?
9. Pg 251 In what year did the U.S. acquire Florida?
10. Pg 254 At what line of latitude was the northern border of Oregon Country?