Persuasive Advertising. Miss Schmitz 7 th Grade English-Language Arts July, 2012. How to Navigate. Go to next slide Go back to previous Go to Main Menu. Learning Outcomes. To recognize methods that advertisers often use to persuade To analyze advertisements for these techniques
7th Grade English-Language Arts
Go to next slide Go back to previous
Go to Main Menu
1. Lesson 2. Activity
4. Quiz 5. Resources
“The best, most exciting board game is sweeping the nation. All your friends and neighbors are playing.”
“Hurry and be the first to own the new iPhone 4s with the newest technology!”
“I’m Katy Perry, and Proactiv works on me!”
Facts & Figures
“30% more effective than the leading brand.”
“4 out of 5 dentists recommend.”
A happy family sitting by a warm fireplace eating soup will associate comfort and security with the product
1. Which advertising technique uses percentages, statistics, and numbers to convince the audience their product is better?
A. Avant-GardeC. Facts & Figures
B. TestimonialsD. Bandwagon
2. “Everybody on the block already owns these shoes. You should, too!” This is an example of what technique?
A. BandwagonC. Transfer
B. TestimonialsD. Avant-Garde
3. The video clip you watched is an example of which of the following techniques?
A. Avant-GardeC. Bandwagon
B. Facts & Figures D. Testimonials
4. Which technique suggests that you will be the first on the block to own the product, and that only cool people like you will have this?
A. Facts & FiguresC. Testimonials
B. Avant-GardeD. Bandwagon
5. Which technique gives you a good and positive feeling when you view it, and therefore makes you want to buy the product?
A. TestimonialsC. Transfer
B. Facts & FiguresD. Bandwagon