Committee Item N Update and Request For Direction Regarding State/Local Efforts to Combat Illegal Dumping. December 3, 2007 Kenneth C. Stuart, MSEH, REHS Illegal Dumping Project Coordinator. Strategic Directives. Strategic Directives SD-8.6:
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
December 3, 2007
Kenneth C. Stuart, MSEH, REHS
Illegal Dumping Project Coordinator
“Seek additional legislative authority by September 2008 for more effective enforcement by LEAs and the CIWMB, including… addressing illegal disposal”
“Evaluate by January 2008 potential statutory and funding options to enhance local and regional capabilities to prevent and redress illegal dumping”
- Cleanup, Closure & Financial Assurance Div.
- Tire Facilities Operations and Evaluation Br.
- Cleanup Branch
- Compliance Evaluation and Enforcement Div.
- Permitting and LEA Support Division
- Local Assistance & Market Dev. Division
- Statewide Technical & Analytical Resources Div.
- Grants and Loans Branch
- Office of Public Affairs
- Legislative Office
1. Identify CIWMB as lead state agency
2. Grants for funding and development of local programs
3. Allow illegal dumping in Local Enforcement Agency Enforcement Program Plan
4. Local permit program for refuse hauler service providers
5. Define evidence of ownership – illegal dumping
6. Tire dealers to retain waste tires being replaced by vehicle owners