Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Exhaust Hanger Example for SAE FD&E Weld Challenge Paul Lubinski
812 341 2362
Original version August 2004
Corrected version 23 September 2004
2. P.J. Lubinski 23-Aug-04 2 Test setup (Typical, but not showing the exact ‘weld challenge’ part shown in the next slides)
3. P.J. Lubinski 23-Aug-04 3 Plan view of rod / pipe assembly
4. P.J. Lubinski 23-Aug-04 4 Side view of rod / pipe assembly
5. P.J. Lubinski 23-Aug-04 5 Detail of rod (zoom as needed)
6. P.J. Lubinski 23-Aug-04 6 Additional info Rod diameter 14 mm
Rod material cold-rolled steel ~1008-1010
Pipe 63.5 mm OD by 1.9 mm wall thickness
Pipe and weld wire material 409 stainless
All tests conducted at room temperature
The subject parts are out of production, so additional photos or samples may be hard to come by. CAD model is available (IGES via fatigue.org; CATIA export by request to Paul L.).