What do you know about Government?. 1. How is population counted in the U.S.?. Census. 2. What important U.S. document was approved on July 4, 1776?. Declaration of Independence. 3. How many justices are on the Supreme Court?. Nine. 4. How old do you have to be to vote?. 18.
What do you know about Government?
1. How is population counted in the U.S.?
2. What important U.S. document was approved on July 4, 1776?
Declaration of Independence
3. How many justices are on the Supreme Court?
4. How old do you have to be to vote?
5. What federal agency are young men required to register with when they turn 18?
6. What are the first ten amendments to the Constitution called?
Bill of Rights
7. Who decides verdicts in court cases?
8. What group makes laws for the U.S.?
9. What federal agency protects the President?
10. What country had the most influence on the development ofthe U.S.?
11. What document governs the U.S.?
12. Who is the executive leader of a state?
13. How old do you have to be to be President?
14. Name one First Amendment right you have.
Freedom of Religion
Freedom of Speech
Freedom of Press
Freedom of Assembly
Freedom of Petition
15. What month is the general election held?
16. Name one branch of government.
17. Where is the capital of the U.S.?
18. How many amendments have been added to the Constitution?
19. How many states are in the U.S.?
20. Name one house of Congress.
House of Representatives
21. Name one of the major political parties in the U.S.
22. What are the rights read to a person when they are arrested?
23. What kind of tax is charged on alcohol, tobacco, and gasoline?
24. What is the steady rise in the price of goods and services year after year?
25. What economic system does the U.S. have?