Mrs. Megan Breckenridge Sossaman Middle School Ceramics. Welcome to Curriculum night . Hand-building Pinch Building Coil Building Slab Building (we will use both a slab roller, and slab rolling sets)
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Mrs. Megan Breckenridge
Sossaman Middle School
Welcome to Curriculum night
It must be hollow
It must make a rattle sound
It must have 2 textures
It must have 2 attachments
Craftsmanship- cleanly attached, sharp parts are smoothed off, words/textures are drawn with any tool except for the needle tool.
Show sample grading rubric
1. Do you like what you made? Circle: YES or NO
2. EXPLAIN Why you like it, or why you do not like it below. ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
3. What could you have done better? ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
4. What is one thing that you think you did a great job on? ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
5. What did you learn about ceramics while doing this project? ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
We looked at various cultures who use marks or stamps on their ceramic art.
Students drew a variety of stamps that include their initials or names.
They then chose their favorite one and created a stamp with this “mark”.