Portion Distortion and Eating out…. Food and Nutrition Part 1 Tigers Feel Great in 08’ What’s A Serving? Portion Distortion & Dining Out: How to Choose . What’s “A Serving” again ?. 1/2 a cup of fruit, vegetables, pasta or rice = a small fist
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Food and Nutrition
20 years ago
3 inch diameter
6 inch diameter
Calorie difference = 210 calories
Resource: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute ,Obesity Education Initiative: http://hin.nhlbi.nih.gov/portion
1. Eat portions the size of a small fist. 2. Watch out for inflation, don’t supersize.3. Snack before dinner.4. Split an entrée if eating out. 5. Wait 20 minutes before second helpings.6. Don't serve from the table.7. Beware of eating in front of the TV.
Whether or not you’re trying to lose weight, it is possible to
make more healthful choice away from home.
1. What does a 3 oz portion of grilled chicken breast look like?
2. 1 Cup of pasta is a single serving?
3. 1 teaspoon of butter or margarine looks like a thumb tip?
4. 1 large bagel is actually 4 servings of bread?
5. How long does it take for my brain to get the signal that I am full?
6. Eating in front of the television may likely cause me to eat more.
7. The terms “sautéed,” “creamed,” and “crispy,” are low-calorie, low-fat choices?
8. If I eat breakfast regularly I will likely eat less throughout the day?