the hells angels n.
Download
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
The Hells Angels PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
The Hells Angels

Loading in 2 Seconds...

play fullscreen
1 / 16

The Hells Angels - PowerPoint PPT Presentation


  • 80 Views
  • Uploaded on

The Hells Angels. by: Tom Henderson and Trey Bleil. The beginning…. Started in 1948 in Fontana, California The name “Hells Angels” was inspired by a U.S. Air Force 303 rd Bombardment Group which was formed in the beginning of WWII

loader
I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyrighted work described.
capcha
Download Presentation

PowerPoint Slideshow about 'The Hells Angels' - zafirah-eman


An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation

Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript
the hells angels

The Hells Angels

by: Tom Henderson and Trey Bleil

slide3
Started in 1948 in Fontana, California
  • The name “Hells Angels” was inspired by a U.S. Air Force 303rd Bombardment Group which was formed in the beginning of WWII
  • By 1953, there were chapters in Oakland and San Francisco which were founded by Ralph “Sonny” Barger
code and insignia of the gang
Code and Insignia of the Gang
  • The Hells Angels have a very strict code of secrecy, not being able to talk to anyone outside of the Hells Angels about the gang
  • The Hells Angels use a system of patches in order to rank members just like the army
  • The number 81 is used as a very common patch signifying route 81, which was a main route they traveled in California
  • 81 is also important because the 8th letter in the alphabet is “H” and the first is “A”, making “Hells Angels”
insignia and rankings continued
Insignia and Rankings Continued…
  • Another patch widely used is a circle with a “1%” in the middle…
  • The American Motorcyclist Association said that 99% of motorcyclist are law-abiding citizens while the other 1% are outlaws
  • Most members where a rectangular patch with red letters and a white background signifying the Hells Angels and the chapter they belong to
slide6
There are also patches signifying President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Sergeant at Arms
  • Some members have patches with the initials “AFFA” meaning “Angels forever, forever Angels” implying a lifelong membership
gang territory
Gang Territory
  • It has been calculated that the group populates almost all of our planet
  • Regions existing in North and South America, Canada,
influence on american society and its other chapters
Influence on American society and its other chapters
  • The Hells Angels continue to inhabit parts all over the world including North and South America, Canada, Europe, Africa, and Australia.
  • The Hells Angels continue to reign the streets of America, being a large drug distributor, selling marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, and their biggest drug, Methamphetamine, adding to the large Meth epidemic in this county
slide9
The Hells Angels do a number a charitable events for needy children, collecting toys for the kids.

Impact on Children

membership requirements
Membership Requirements
  • Traditionally, members must wear their Hells Angels jackets while riding on a Harley Davidson bike
  • Other than that there are no true traditions other than absolute group loyalty meaning they cannot speak of any gang activity outside of the group
river run riot
River Run Riot
  • On April 27th, 2002 at Harrah’s Casino and Hotel, members of the Hells Angels and Mongols fought
  • There were three casualties and many other injuries due to gunshots and stabbings
  • Attorney's for the Hells Angels claimed that the Hells Angels acted in self defense by the Mongol-initiated fight
slide13

Over 300 motorcycles

in the parking lot

belonging to both

gangs being caution taped off

slide14

Celebrity members and

pop culture references

  • HBO series star of the primetime show “Oz”, Chuck Zito, is also a loyal member of the Hells Angels
  • The videogame Grand Theft Auto : Vice City also makes many references to the Hells Angels with a representational motorcycle that ride cross-country bikes named “Angels”
video
VIDEO
  • http://youtube.com/watch?v=Iqu2STTApiU&feature=related
work cited page
Work Cited Page
  • http://www.missoulian.com/specials/hellsangels/ha02.html
  • http://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro/07.22.99/bikers-9929.html
  • http://www.segag.org/mcgangs/hellsangles.html