Manufacture of bio-diesel fuel from micro-algae. "Agromodvita" SRL, Republic Moldova, Chishinau E-mail: email@example.com.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Republic Moldova, Chishinau
With the increasing interest in bio-diesel as an alternative petro diesel, many have looked at the possibility of growing more oilseed crops as a solution for the problem of peak oil. There are two problems with this approach: first, growing more oilseed crops would displace the food crops grown to feed mankind; second, traditional oilseed crops are not the most productive or efficient source of vegetable oil. Micro-algae is the highest potential energy yield vegetable oil crop.
In our project raw material for manufacture of oils will be micro-algae which are raised in bioreactors (installations of continuous all-the-year-round action).
The basic advantages of a bioreactor:
- Economy of space. The reactor can be established horizontally or vertically, both in a room, and behind its limits. There is no necessity for using big areas of the agricultural grounds. One bioreactor of 50 kg at one o'clock (430 tons of a biomass one year) with productivity of a biomass occupies the area 10 х 10 sq. meters.
- The reactor considerably reduces expenditures of labor and eliminates complexities in service.
- The system can work during long periods of time without destruction of culture.
- Light in a reactor is taken as much as it considerably increases its productivity.
- The bioreactor is equipped with convenient system of self-cleaning that reduces its pollution.
- Reactors represent closed, controlled, automated systems of continuous action that allows to support hygiene of cultures in easier way. Ecological parameters of system also easily give in to management.
- The size of a reactor is not limited.