Caveat Emptor. Consumer Rights and Responsibilities. PERSONAL CONSUMER RATING. Mechanics Sound. On question #1, give yourself five points if you selected something to do with your money that is consistent with your goals and values in life.
On question #1, give yourself five points if you selected something to do with your money that is consistent with your goals and values in life.
Give yourself two points for each question you answered, as follows:
#2—yes #6—yes #10—yes
#3—yes #7—no #11—yes
#4—yes #8—yes #12—yes
#5—yes #9—no #13—yes
25-31 points Great! Keep up the good work!
19-25 points Fair. You should begin to make some changes.
14-19 points Not too good. Consider making some big changes
Less than 14 Take good notes during this unit, you'll need them!PERSONAL CONSUMER RATING
Consumers have the right to resolve consumer problems in any case of dissatisfactionRight to Redress
Responsibility to Seek Redress
Without consumer education consumer cannot gain the full benefits of the other seven consumer rightsRight to Consumer Education
Responsibility to Study
My Dad game me one dollar bill ‘cause I’m his smartest son,
And I swapped it for 2 shiny quarters ‘cause 2 is more than 1.
And then I took the quarters and traded them to Lou for 3 times –
I guess he don’t know that 3 is more than 2.
Just then, along came old blind Bates and just ‘cause he can’t see,
He gave me 4 nickels for my 3 dimes, and 4 is more than 3.
And I took the nickels to Hiram Coombs Down at the seed-feed store, and the fool gave me 5 pennies for them, and 5 is more than 4!
And then I went and showed my Dad, and he got red in the cheeks and closed his eyes and shook his head –
Too proud of me to speak!
Watch your vocabulary back!
(Think about specific features and requirements that are important to you.)
2. Compare stores
3. Compare brands, prices, and quality before making a selection.
4. Check for any extra charges.
5. Read and understand the warranty.
6. Written contracts when purchasing large items and read the contract terms carefully.
7. Read and follow the use and care guides.
8. Keep all sales receipts, warranties, and instructions.
9. Understand the store's refund or exchange policy.
10. Check your bill for accuracy.
11. Before purchasing anything from a company, check out its reputation.
12. Do not pay for items or services until they are acceptable to you.
13. Avoid telephone sales.
14. Price is not necessarily an indication of quality.
15. Calculate the cost per unit (unit pricing) to determine the best purchases.
16. Consumers are responsible to protect themselves against fraud.guidelines