What the birds see. By; Sonya Hartnett. Australia Facts.
By; Sonya Hartnett
Alright well you have to understand that my book had absolutely no Australian culture. Because of this fact I have to do a random power point on the facts of the largest inhabited island on Earth. I do hope you enjoy, though I’m sure many people will have done the same thing as me. ~Sammy.
- Certain female species of spiders such as the Australian crab spider, allow themselves to be used as a food source for their offspring.
- Kangaroos and Emus are the animals portrayed on the Australian coat of arms.
- The deadliest Australian animal: The European Honey Bee.
- 7 of the 10 most poisonous snakes live in Australia.
- The Australian Dingo descended from domestic dogs that originated in South-East Asia.
- The Komodo Dragon isn’t actually a dragon, (no really?!) but it is from the monitor family.
Rev John Flynn – Founder of the Royal Flying Doctor’s Service
Dr. Victor Chang – A heart surgeon
Lord Howard Florey – co-discoverer of penicillin
Sir John Eccles – Nobel prize physiologist
David Gulpilli – Dancer/Actor
Scott Hicks – Filmmaker (Shine; Snow Falling on Cedars)
Yahoo Serious – Comedian/Filmmaker
Geoffery Rush – won 1977 best actor award for his role in “Shine”.Famous Australians
Panel Beater: Car repair shop
Swag: Canvas bag
Sticky beak: Nosy person
Shonky: questionable deal
Fairy Floss: Cotton Candy
THE REASON I LOVE THIS LAYOUT IS BECAUSE IT’S PURPLE.
Places to see:
-Sydney; Sydney is one of the best known Australian cities. It is home to the very famous Opera House.
-Canberra; As Australia’s capital it is a very well populated city. You can visit the Australian War memorial and the Nation Museum of Australia
-Alice Springs; This place is in around the middle of the country and has an amazing place called the Alice Springs Reptile Center.