Improving your Sentences . By: Tori, Megan, and Jerry. Goals . Write complete sentences Use active voice Divide long or rambling sentences Combine choppy sentences Use transitions . Comparing Editions. There was a few little things that were changed between books.
By: Tori, Megan, and Jerry
The highlighted blue part made this a real sentence, it wasn’t a sentence before because it didn’t have a subject.
The sentence didn’t work without the subject, you need to have all three things in the sentences to make it a complete sentence.
1. How do you know when the sentence is complete?
You have to have a subject, predicate, complete thought.
2. Why is having an active voice important?
It energizes your writing.
3. How do you divide long sentences?
Divide the sentence, make on point, then start a new sentence.
4. How do you combine choppy sentences?
Combine the sentences with a comma.
5. How do you fix run-on sentences?
Use a period, a comma, or a semi colon, or a coordinating conjunction.
6. Why do you use transitions to connect sentences?
It shows how they relate to each other.
7. What are transitions?
Shows how ideas are linked with time and comparison.