Battle in the Balkans. Major Carlos Rascon. Introduction.
Major Carlos Rascon
During the 1980s and early 90s, the fall of Communism in Yugoslavia led to the emergence new governments in the formerly controlled republics. With the struggle for power taking place, many atrocities of war were committed by Slobodan Milosevic in Serbia. On 24 March 1999 the United Nations launched air-strikes to end the war in Serbia.
1. The student will understand the reasons for the downfall of Yugoslavia
2. The student will comprehend the battles of Croatia and Bosnia-Herzegovina
3. The student will comprehend the reasons for war in Kosovo
4. The student will comprehend the effects of NATO involvement in Kosovo
1. Brawley, Mark R., Martin, Pierre, Alliance Politics, Kosovo, and Nato’s War: Allied Force or Forced Allies, 2000
2. DiPrizio, Robert C., Armed Humanitarians: U.S. Interventions from Northern Iraq to Kosovo, 2002
3. Donia, Robert J., Fine, John V.A. Jr., Bosnia and Herzegovina, 1994
4. Hosmer, Stephen T., Conflict over Kosovo, 2001