Escalators. Defintion. An escalator is a moving staircase – a conveyor transport device for carrying people between floors of a building. History.
- Top Machine Room/Bottom Machine Room.
- Main Track.
- Trailing Track.
- Moving Handrail Drive Unit.
1) Control Panel: Controls stop/start operation and also supplies electric power to the Drive Unit.
2) Drive Unit: A unit to drive the escalator, comprised of electric motor, decelerator, electromagnetic brake, V belt, Sprocket, and other components.
3) Drive Chain: A chain that transmits the Drive Unit's power to the drive wheel (Sprocket).
4) Sprocket (top/bottom): Drive wheels installed at top and bottom to drive the Steps. The top Sprocket drives the moving Steps, while the bottom sprocket turns the Steps.
Done by :