EYFS 2012. Early Years Foundation Stage From birth – 5 years. 7 Areas of Learning. • 3 Prime Areas • Communication and Language • Physical Development • Personal, Social and Emotional Development. 4 Specific Areas through which the 3 Prime Areas are applied. • Literacy
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Early Years Foundation Stage
From birth – 5 years
• 3 Prime Areas
• Communication and Language
• Physical Development
• Personal, Social and Emotional
• Understanding of the World
• Expressive Arts and Design
then make best fit judgements on Development by
referring to the EYFS Guidance.
closely linked to the children's developmental needs
• Ensures learning and individual needs are
• Supports needs of parents of children in
• Refers parents to specialist support if
needed e.g. speech therapy.
• Continuous Provision AREAS
• Focussed Activities
• Enhanced Provision
• Plans show the planned learning for indoors and outdoors
• Summative assessment completed at the
end of the Reception year.
• Completed through ongoing observations
throughout the year.
• Shared with parents and Y1 teacher.
throughout Nursery and Reception
The Prime Areas
• Shape space and measures
• Understanding the world
• People and communities
• The world
• Expressive Arts & Design
• Exploring media and materials
• Being Imaginative