Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
Vegetarian Fitness Competitor A Case Study, Research & Diet Report. Sara Hoverson, Danielle Selden, Amber Leon, Courtney Puidk. Our Fitness Competitor. 30 yr old female Vegetarian Fitness & figure categories Swimsuit round Routine round. Our Fitness Competitor. 30 yr old female 5’3”
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Sara Hoverson, Danielle Selden, Amber Leon, Courtney Puidk
1. Wikipedia. Fitness and Figure Competition. Available at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitness_and_figure_competition. Last updated May 11, 2012. Accessed June 1, 2012.
2. Benardot, D. Advanced Sports Nutrition. 2nd Edition. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics Versa Press; 2012: 265-268.
3. Clark, N. Nancy Clark’s Sports Nutrition Guidebook. 4th ed. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics; 2008: 134-135
4. Wikipedia. Amenorrhea. Available at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amenorrhea. Accessed June 2, 2012.
5. Quah V Y, Poh K B, Ng O L, Noor I M. The female athlete triad amoung elite Malaysian athletes: prevalence and association factors. Asia Pac J ClinNutr. 2009; 18:2:200-208
6. Gabel, K A. Special Nutritional Concerns for the Female Athlete. Current Sports Medicine Reports. 2006; 5:187-191.
7. Fuhrman J, Ferreri D. M. Fueling the Vegetarian (Vegan) Athlete. Current Sports Medicine Reports. 2010; 9:4:233-241.
8. Redman L M, Velduis J D, Rood J, Smith S R, Williamson D, Racussin E. The effect of calorie restriction interventions on growth hormone secretion in nonobese men and women. Aging cell. 2010; 9: 32-9
9. Weigle D S, Breen P A, Matthys C C, Callahan H S, Meeuws K E, Burden V R, Purnell J Q. A high protein diet induces sustained reductions in appitite, ad libitum calorie intake, and body weight despite compensatory changes in diurnal plasma leptin and ghrelin concentrations. Am J ClinNutr. 2005; 82:41-8
10. Kreiger J W, Sitren H S, Daniels M J, Langkamp-Henken B. Effects of variation in protein and carbohydrate intake on body mass and composition during energy restriction: a mega-regression. Am J ClinNutr. 2006; 83:260-74
11. Hyerang K, Saningun L, Choue R. Metabolic responses to high protein diet in Korean elite bodybuilders with high-intensity resistance exercise. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2011; 8:10:1-6
12. Roepstorff C, Halberg N, Hillig T, Saha A K, Ruderman N B, Wojtaszewski F P J, Richter E A, Kiens B. Malonyl-CoA and carnitine in regulation of fat oxidation in human skeletal muscle during exercise. Am J Physicol Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2005; 288:E133-E142.
13. Crivitarese A E, Hesselink M K, Russel A P, Ravussin E, Schrauwen P. Glucose ingestion during exercise blunts exercise-induced gene expression of skeletal muscle fat oxidative genes. Am J physiolEndocrinolMetab. 2005;289:E1023-E1029
14. Negro M, Giardina S, Marzani B, Marzatico F. Branched-chain amino acid supplementation does not enhance athletic performance but affects muscle recovery and the immune system. J sports Med Phys Fitness. 2008;48:347-51.
15. Burke D G, Chilibeck P D, Parise G, Candow D G, Mahoney D, Tarnopolsky M. Effect of Creatine and Weight training on Muscle Creatine and Performance in Vegetarians. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. 2003; 35:11:1946-1955.