http://www.velciti.com//nVELCITI CONSULTING ENGINEERS (P) LTD was established with the main objective of offering Geo-technical consulting services to the clients on the principles of Quality, Integrity and Speed. Within the short period of inception, the pursuit of excellence has made it possible for the company to be among the field leaders in providing Geo-technical Consulting services.
It depends on:
a) Design criteria of the proposed structure;
b) Historic knowledge of general site conditions and building performance;
c) Drilling equipment availability;
d) Time of year the work needs to be done may determine the geotechnical site investigation method and finally;
e) The overall costs.
1. Project definition prepared by the owner in conjunction with an architect, if selected.
2. The project definition consists of architectural/engineering foundation criteria such as loading and settlement; on or above ground structure; service life of structure, and proposed design/construction schedule.
3. Preliminary site and project evaluation conducted by the geotechnical consultant selected for the geotechnical site investigation.
4. It consists of preliminary site review of past geotechnical investigations of nearby sites and a selection of likely foundation design(s) based on published literature and the geotechnical consultant knowledge of the site.
5. This preliminary evaluation and a consensus by the owner are used to develop the detail of the proposed geotechnical site investigation.
6. Geotechnical site investigation (test holes and sampling) and laboratory testing for soils characteristics.
7. Geotechnical report preparation with recommended foundation system options.
VELCITI CONSULTING ENGINEERS (P) LTD.