Cognitive Science. Overview Design Activity: Anchored Instruction Case-based Learning. Cognitive Science. Class Discussion. Story Telling Can you name examples for how story telling can be used to facilitate learning?
1. Identify a set of target skills
2. Develop Missions which require the target skills
3. Choose a Focus
4. Create a Cover Story which envelops the Mission
5. Plan the Operations
6. Build learning environments to support the target skills
–Choose a topic (see web site)
–Describe the conceptual design of a learning environment for this topic that applies strategies employed in anchored instruction/ goal-based learning to the design, addressing the issue of story telling
–Summarize your design on your group web site, using external links if possible (to web pages serving as examples for your ideas)
1. Design a multimedia learning environment for freshmen students learning Spanish that supports vocabulary acquisition and the process of reading a text in Spanish.
2. Design a multimedia learning environment to allow medical doctors to learn about newly developed surgical procedures.
3. Design a multimedia learning environment to train Airline Pilots in emergency procedures.
4. Design a multimedia learning environment on the the history of the American civil war for university students.
5. Design a multimedia learning environment for high school students learning about HIV/AIDS.