mat 540 week 3 homework latest n.
Download
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
MAT 540 WEEK 3 HOMEWORK LATEST PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
MAT 540 WEEK 3 HOMEWORK LATEST

Loading in 2 Seconds...

play fullscreen
1 / 3

MAT 540 WEEK 3 HOMEWORK LATEST - PowerPoint PPT Presentation


  • 4 Views
  • Uploaded on

\nVisit Below Link, To Download This Course:\n\nhttps://www.tutorialsservice.net/product/mat-540-week-3-homework-latest/\n\nOr \nEmail us on\nSUPPORT@TUTORIALSSERVICE.NET\n\nMAT 540 Week 3 Homework Latest\nMAT540\nMAT 540 Week 3 Homework Latest\nPage 1 of 3\nChapter 14\n1. The Hoylake Rescue Squad receives an emergency call every 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 hours, according to the following probability distribution. The squad is on duty 24 hours per day, 7 days per week:\n

loader
I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyrighted work described.
capcha
Download Presentation

PowerPoint Slideshow about 'MAT 540 WEEK 3 HOMEWORK LATEST' - tutorialsservicesnet


An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation

Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript
mat 540 week 3 homework latest

MAT 540 WEEK 3 HOMEWORK LATEST

Visit Below Link, To Download This Course:

https://www.tutorialsservice.net/product/mat-540-week-3-homework-latest/

Or

Email us on

SUPPORT@TUTORIALSSERVICE.NET

MAT 540 Week 3 Homework Latest

MAT540

MAT 540 Week 3 Homework Latest

Page 1 of 3

Chapter 14

1. The Hoylake Rescue Squad receives an emergency call every 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 hours, according

to the following probability distribution. The squad is on duty 24 hours per day, 7 days per week:

Time Between

Emergency Calls (hr.)

1

2

3

4

5

6

Probability

0.15

0.10

0.20

0.25

0.20

0.10

1.00

1. Simulate the emergency calls for 3 days (note that this will require a “running”, or cumulative,

hourly clock), using the random number table.

2. Compute the average time between calls and compare this value with the expected value of the

time between calls from the probability distribution. Why are the result different?

3. The time between arrivals of cars at the Petroco Services Station is defined by the following

probability distribution:

Time Between

emergency calls hr 1 2 3 4

Emergency Calls (hr.)

1

2

3

4

Probability

0.35

0.25

0.20

0.20

1.00

Page 2 of 3

1. Simulate the arrival of cars at the service station for 20 arrivals and compute the average time

between arrivals.

2. Simulate the arrival of cars at the service station for 1 hour, using a different stream of random

numbers from those used in (a) and compute the average time between arrivals.

3. Compare the results obtained in (a) and (b).

4. The Dynaco Manufacturing Company produces a product in a process consisting of operations of

five machines. The probability distribution of the number of machines that will break down in a

week follows:

Machine Breakdowns

Per Week

0

1

2

3

4

5

Probability

0.10

0.20

0.15

0.30

0.15

0.10

1.00

1. Simulate the machine breakdowns per week for 20 weeks.

2. Compute the average number of machines that will break down per week.

3. Simulate the following decision situation for 20 weeks, and recommend the best decision.

A concessions manager at the Tech versus A&M football game must decide whether to have the vendors

sell sun visors or umbrellas. There is a 30% chance of rain, a 15% chance of overcast skies, and a 55%

chance of sunshine, according to the weather forecast in college junction, where the game is to be held.

The manager estimates that the following profits will result from each decision, given each set of weather

conditions:

Page 3 of 3

Decision

Sun visors

Umbrellas

Rain

0.35

$-400

2,100

Weather Conditions

Overcast

0.25

$-200

0

Sunshine

0.40

$1,500

-800

5. Every time a machine breaks down at the Dynaco Manufacturing Company (Problem 3), either 1,

2, or 3 hours are required to fix it, according to the following probability distribution:

Repair Time (hr.)

Probability

1 2 3

1

2

3

0.20

0.50

0.30

1.00

Simulate the repair time for 20 weeks and then compute the average weekly repair time.

Download now