Correlator3D ™ Software Overview - PowerPoint PPT Presentation

tucker
correlator3d software overview n.
Download
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
Correlator3D ™ Software Overview PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
Correlator3D ™ Software Overview

Loading in 2 Seconds...

play fullscreen
1 / 18
Download Presentation
274 Views
Download Presentation

Correlator3D ™ Software Overview

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript

  1. Correlator3D™ Software Overview IMAGE Maxime Deraspe Sales & Marketing DirectorSimActive Inc.

  2. Agenda • SimActive: Innovation to marketplace • Partial List of Our Valued Customers • Mission Statement • Growing Challenges • Design Criterion: Keep it Simple! • SimActive Positioning • Correlator3D™ • Input & Output • Modules • Workflow • Examples • Processing Time and Output Quality • Benefits in a Nutshell • Contact us

  3. SimActive: Innovation to Marketplace • Company was founded in 2003 to develop and market innovative geospatial technologies • SimActive’s products result from several years of R&D and usability testing • Technology builds on advanced computer vision algorithms that differ from traditional techniques

  4. Partial List of Our Valued Customers

  5. Mission Statement • Generate geospatial data from • aerial imagery YOUR OBJECTIVE Long, complex and expensive process YOUR REALITY Correlator3D™ THE SOLUTION SimActive’s mission is to constantly develop and market cutting-edge technologies that simplify and enhance geospatial data production


  6. Growing Challenges • Expensive • Only 30% project costs for data acquisition, remaining 70% associated with production • Not User-Friendly • Complex software tools Geospatial Data Production • Long Process • Several months usually required for data delivery • Skills and Knowledge • Highly-trained personnel required

  7. Design Criterion: Keep it Simple! Correlator3D™ Competitor Product Example

  8. SimActive Positioning Higher-level Data Raw Data Core Data • Mosaics • Polygonal 3D models • Etc. • Images • GPS / IMU data • DSM • DTM • Orthophotos • 3D Changes Correlator3D™

  9. Correlator3D™ INPUT Aerial images (overlapping) OUTPUT • Color, panchromatic, infrared Refined ext. orientation Orientation Parameters DSM LogicielCorrelator3D • Exterior: GPS/IMU data DTM • Interior: focal length, pixel size, distortion parameters Orthophotos 3D Changes Coarse DEM • CDED, DTED, SRTM

  10. Correlator3D™ Modules ExteriorOrientationRefinement Ortho- rectification DSM Generation DTM Extraction 3D Change Detection

  11. Workflow • Prepare Input Data • Camera calibration (ASCII file) • Exterior orientation (ASCII file) • Selection of a coarse DEM • Specification of output characteristics 1 • Correlator3D™ – Automatic Processing • Images are processed individually or pair-by-pair • No human intervention required • Runs on standard PC with 3D graphics card 2 • Visualize / use data • Data produced in standard formats 3

  12. Ortho @ 20cm DSM @ 1m DTM @ 1m Example #1 – Urban Area

  13. DSM @ 1m DTM @ 1m Ortho @ 20cm Example #2 – Rural Area

  14. Example #3 – New Building Imagery @ 5cm (Oct. 2000) Imagery @ 40cm (Jul. 2006) Detected Changes DSM @ 1m DSM @ 3m

  15. Example #4 – Demolished Building Imagery @ 40cm (Jul. 2006) Imagery @ 5cm (Oct. 2000) Detected Changes DSM @ 3m DSM @ 1m

  16. Processing Time & Output Quality • Statistics for 250 large format images (100MP) at 20cm covering 400 km2

  17. Benefits in a Nutshell • FASTER... • Up to 60 times faster than currently available tools • Data production can be performed in parallel on multiple machines • Software designed to quickly process thousands of images • EASIER… • Minimal software and data manipulation requirements • Highly-trained personnel are no longer required, virtually no parameters to set • Easy integration into any third-party workflow • BETTER... • Better geospatial data at the fraction of the cost • Uses advanced computer vision algorithms • Produced data are ready-to-use • Cost-effective alternative to LIDAR data

  18. Contact us Maxime Deraspe Sales & Marketing Director SimActive Inc. Tel.: 514.288.2666 ext. 24 Fax: 514.288.6665 Cel.: 514.601.6266 mderaspe@simactive.com www.simactive.com