Ecosystem Ecology. Chapter 55. Succession. Populations ebb & flow over time, but sometimes there is a dramatic disturbance that destroys an ecosystem Called a blowout Such as forest fires, volcanic eruptions, flooding Human activity: clear cutting of a forest or strip mining
1. Lichens & mosses occupy the land
2. Weathering and decay begins to build soil
3. Pioneer organisms are overrun by other organisms, such as grasses & brushes
1. A number of aquatic photosynthetic organisms
2. Opaque foil to completely block out light
3. A device that measures dissolved oxygen concentration.
This is one of the main constraints on the number of trophic levels
What is the definition of irony!?!