Ecosystem Ecology. Chapter 55. Succession. Populations ebb & flow over time, but sometimes there is a dramatic disturbance that destroys an ecosystem Called a blowout Such as forest fires, volcanic eruptions, flooding Human activity: clear cutting of a forest or strip mining
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Lichens & mosses occupy the land
2. Weathering and decay begins to build soil
3. Pioneer organisms are overrun by other organisms, such as grasses & brushes
1. A number of aquatic photosynthetic organisms
2. Opaque foil to completely block out light
3. A device that measures dissolved oxygen concentration.
This is one of the main constraints on the number of trophic levels
What is the definition of irony!?!