County Coordinator!. Unsung Hero. Originally developed by Gerry Snapp University of Missouri 4-H. Coordinator. the unsung Super Hero of a successful county 4-H shooting sports program. …gets no R-E-S-P-E-C-T …and little credit .
Originally developed by
University of Missouri 4-H
- One who helps groups & organizations to work more effectively, to collaborate and achieve synergy.
- One who contributes structure & process to interactions so groups are able to function effectively.
- An enabler whose goal is to support others as they achieve exceptional performance.
- One that helps to bring about an outcome by providing indirect or unobtrusive assistance, guidance, or supervision.
the primary person responsible for the overall coordination and management of the county shooting sports program.
It’s about accountability.
It’s about liability.
It’s about sustainability.
One size does not fit all.
What are the assets of the 4-H Shooting program?
To prove negligence:
1. Duty of care
2. Breach of duty
3. Injury occurred
4. Reasonable connection between 2 & 3
Volunteer Orientation & SS certification
Are the policies followed by every instructor?
Who is responsiblefor policies being followed?
(County SS Committee)
work your plan.
“Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work.”
Peter DruckerAmerican (Austrian-born) management writer (1909 - 2005)
Remember that the extension staff person is ultimately responsible for extension programming
Be careful what you wish for!