INDOOR POLLUTION. IS HOME – SWEET HOME INDEED SWEET & CLEAN ?? !! By Miss Nehal Shah Surat. What is Indoor Pollution ?.
IS HOME – SWEET HOME INDEED SWEET & CLEAN ?? !!
Miss Nehal Shah
The presence of physical, chemical or biological contaminants in the air of confined environments, which are not naturally present in high quantities in the external air of the ecological systems, is known as Indoor Pollution (Italian Ministry of Environment, 1991).
Moulds on walls of House
Fungal growth on the ceiling
1) Wooden or linoleum flooring only.
2) No stuffed chairs, rugs, drape or leather upholstered furniture.
3) Furniture should be constructed of wooden, plastic or metal.
4) Keep your bed away from air vents, with nothing underneath it.
5) Everything in the room should be washable. This includes bedding, rugs & any foam mattresses.
6) Store clothes in zippered containers.
7) Closets should be kept neat.
8) Overstuffed furniture should be avoided.
9) Eliminate dust catchers like pictures, clutters, drapes etc.
10) Pets should not be kept indoors.
11) Beware of products with strong odors such as deodorizers, mothballs & insect repellents.
12) Humidifiers & Air – conditioners should be kept clean.
13) No smoking in the house of any type.
14) Clean rooms with damp dust cloth twice a week.
15) Keep the décor of house simple.
Out Door Pollution