Prophecy and God’s Master Plan. The Light of Prophecy
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Prophecy and God’s Master Plan The Light of Prophecy 2 Peter 1:19-21 “And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed, as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts; knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.”
The Light of Prophecy “And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed, as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts; knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.” 2 Peter 1:19-21
God Has Not Left Us in the Dark • God has revealed His Master Plan in the Bible • God has provided us with prophecies that help us to see how His Plan will be realized • God’s Master Plan • God plans to fill the earth with His Glory • God’s Plan is to dwell on the earth with Man, in perfect harmony and perfect conditions • God’s Plan is for there to be no boundaries or separations between Him and Man [i.e. no more sin and death’.] “But as truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the LORD.”Numbers 14:21
God’s Plan With the Earth Isaiah 45:18 (KJV) “For thus says the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he has established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.”
1. God’s Plan Began in the Garden of Eden Genesis 2:8, 9 “And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man (Adam) whom he had formed. And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.”
2. Man Chose to Disobey God Genesis 2:16; 3:6 “The LORD God commanded the man (Adam), saying, "From any tree of the garden you may eat freely; but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die.“ “When the woman (Eve) saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make one wise, she took from its fruit and ate; and she gave also to her husband (Adam) with her, and he ate.”
3. The Consequences of Man’s Sin Genesis 3:17-19 “Then to Adam He said, “Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat of it’: “ Cursed is the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it all the days of your life. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you, and you shall eat the herb of the field. In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; for dust you are, and to dust you shall return.”
6. Man Was Driven from the Garden and Excluded from the Tree of Life Genesis 3:23-24 “Therefore the LORD God sent him (Adam) out of the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he was taken. So He drove out the man; and He placed cherubim at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.”
4. God Provided a Covering for Sin Genesis 3:21 “Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.”
5. Jesus Overcomes the Power of Sin Genesis 3:15 “And I (God) will put enmity between you (the serpent) and the woman, and between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise His heel.”
The Course of God’s Plan Was Changed Because of Sin • God’s initial plan was for Adam and Eve to be obedient and to live in harmony with Him forever • However, they chose to disobey God – i.e. they sinned • Man, as a mortal sinner could no longer be in God’s presence, so he was driven from the Garden • God has revealed to us His greater Plan
Important Aspects of Prophecy • One must understand God’s Plan with the earth. • Most prophecies center around Jesus Christ, who is central to God’s Plan. • Prophecies are designed to give us details of how God will bring about His Plan. • Prophecies begin in Genesis (the first book) and continue through the Bible to Revelation (the last book).
God’s Plan Will Be Achieved Through Jesus Christ • The complete story of the Bible is about how God’s Plan will ultimately be realized through Jesus Christ • Someone had to fulfill the standard of obedience and a sinless life. That standard is Jesus Christ, who lived a perfect life, originally intended for Adam and Eve • Through the past, present and future work of Jesus, God will bring about the completion of His Plan on the earth
The Bible is like a threaded cord that starts in Genesis and ends in the Revelation. God’s Plan and prophecies are consistent throughout the Bible.
Some Important Prophecies • The Nation of Israel restored (Jeremiah 33) • Nebuchadnezzar’s dream image concerning the Kingdom of God on earth (Daniel 2) • The Olivet Prophecy of world conditions prior to Christ’s return (Luke 21) • The invasion of Israel by Russia and the return of Jesus to Jerusalem (Ezekiel 38,39) • The Battle of Armageddon between Christ and the nations of the world (Joel 3)