Sentences. The Action Part. Sentences. A sentence is a group of words that tells what someone or something does. Sentences have naming parts and action parts. The naming part of a sentence tells who or what the sentence is about. The action part of a sentence tells what is happening. .
The Action Part
the action part of each sentence.
Check Your Answers!!Hit the down arrow to see each answer. The action part of each sentence is RED. Put one check next to each problem you got right.
1. John walked to the park this morning.
2. He met his friends there.
3. Karen walked with him.
4. Karen is John’s sister.
5. The park is always open.
6. Dogs like to run in the park.
7. John likes to play basketball.
8. Karen likes to climb the monkey bars.
9. We play on the swing set.
10. Everyone has fun at the park.