autumn 2008 n.
Download
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
Autumn 2008 PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
Autumn 2008

Loading in 2 Seconds...

play fullscreen
1 / 9

Autumn 2008 - PowerPoint PPT Presentation


  • 64 Views
  • Uploaded on

English Program. Autumn 2008. Index. Educational Objective Emphasis Cooperation with Mr. Hsiao Semester-end Examinations Awards. Educational Objective 1.

loader
I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyrighted work described.
capcha
Download Presentation

PowerPoint Slideshow about 'Autumn 2008' - taylor-harper


An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation

Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript
autumn 2008

English Program

Autumn 2008

index
Index
  • Educational Objective
  • Emphasis
  • Cooperation with Mr. Hsiao
  • Semester-end Examinations
  • Awards
educational objective 1
Educational Objective 1

In line with the RESTAURANT THEME initiative, the objective in this new semester will be to ensure students’ familiarity with various items of:

  • Unit One: Fruits
  • Unit Two: Vegetables
  • Unit Three: Meat
  • Unit Four: Beverages
  • Unit Five: Dishes (Looking at a menu)
  • Unit Six: Tableware
  • Unit Seven: Tastes
  • Unit Eight: In a Fast-Food Restaurant
  • Unit Nine: In a Western Restaurant

Furthermore, participating students should be able to place orders of various types of food as well as drinks in the restaurant-theme classroom by November.

educational objective 2 scheduled progress i
Educational Objective 2Scheduled Progress I

In order to enable the students to perform smoothly in the theme-restaurant, the beginning two and a half month will greatly emphasize on the following sentence patterns

For Fast-food Restaurant:

  • May I help you?
  • What do you want to eat?
  • Do you want something to eat?
  • Two (number of) small (size) iced tea (items to order), please.
  • Anything else? Yes, I would like… and that’s all.
  • For here or to go?
  • How much is everything?
  • That comes to $....
  • Here’s your change.
educational objective 2 scheduled progress ii
Educational Objective 2Scheduled Progress II

For Western-food Restaurant:

in this part of exercise, students have to be very familiar with Tableware (Unit 6), Drinks (U4), Dishes (U5) and various Tastes (U7)

  • AT Entering:
  • I would like a table for two, please.
  • Do you have a reservation?
  • I have a reservation at 7 o’clock
  • Smoking or non-smoking?
  • Follow me, please.
  • After be seated:
  • Are you ready to order?
  • How would you like your steak cooked?
  • Well done, medium, or Rare, please.
  • Check, please.
  • Do you accept credit cards?
  • Sorry, cash only.
emphasis

Emphasis

Considering the schedule for the first real-time in-restaurant exercise will take place sometime in the month of November, 2008, I will put an ad hoc emphasis on units 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 as well as sentence patterns listed in Education Objective—scheduled progress I and II.

Moreover, students will be expected to not only recognize the vocabularies contained in the aforesaid units, they will also have to be able to speak those words in properly structured sentences with fluency.

cooperation with mr hsiao
Cooperation with Mr. Hsiao

Working in tandem with Mr. Hsiao, the class structure of this semester will be of the followings:

  • HESS SYSTEM MATERIALS
    • Mr. Hsiao will be responsible for carrying out 80% of HESS SYSTEM working materials
    • Alex will be responsible for the remaining 20% of said system; working chiefly as a support.
  • CLOUD 9 MATERIALS
    • For this endeavor Mr. Hsiao and Alex’s tasks will be in complete reverse order, in which Alex will be responsible for 80% of the CLOUD 9 contents, whereas Mr. Hsiao will assist Alex for the remaining 20%
semester end examinations
Semester-end Examinations

There will be both oral as well as written examinations for each grader. The content of their exam will be selected exclusively from the materials used during this semester. The grade distribution will be as the followings:

awards
Awards

For purposes ofrecognizing the hard working students, promoting positive competitions among them, as well as cultivating sense of honor, each Award of Best Achievement and Commitment to Teamwork will be given to one individual recipient in each grade.