Operational Readiness Review. Introduction May 2005 Revision. 1T1M1L. What is an Operational Readiness Review (ORR)?. A disciplined, systematic, documented, performance-based examination of: Personnel; Procedures/processes; Facilities/equipment;
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
May 2005 Revision
1T1M1L May 2005 Revision 2
1. Ensure readiness of facility and personnel to start the facility within the bounds of acceptable risk:
-Within the safety basis/Authorization Agreement;
- In compliance with applicable ES&H regulations.
2. Ensure the facility/activity has adequate Safety management programs implemented and sufficient controls in place to continue/start operations (performance) within those bounds.
1T1M1L May 2005 Revision 3
6-15-00, DOE-STD-3006-00 (series)
3-13-03, 425.1C (series)
12-15-03, DOE 3012-2003 (series)
1T1M1L May 2005 Revision 4
DOE O 425.1C, Startup and Restart of Nuclear Facilities (previously 5480.31) (425.1C little change from 425.1B)
DOE-STD-3006-00, Planning and Conduct of Operational Readiness Reviews (previously DOE-STD-3006-93/95)
DOE-HDBK-3012-2003, Team Leader's Preparation Guide for Operational Readiness Reviews(ORR)
WWW Home Page - http://www.eh.doe.gov
1T1M1L May 2005 Revision 5
1T1M1L May 2005 Revision 6
1T1M1L May 2005 Revision 7
Discuss the RA proposal in the SNR!
1T1M1L May 2005 Revision 8
1T1M1L May 2005 Revision 9
Not a Scheduling Tool!
1T1M1L May 2005 Revision 10
Standard Operational Procedures.
1T1M1L May 2005 Revision 11
1T1M1L May 2005 Revision 12
1T1M1L May 2005 Revision 13
1T1M1L May 2005 Revision 14
Project Management Plan (Line Management . . . “Line”)
Define Review or Exemption-Startup Notification Report (Line)
Develop a plan to achieve readiness (Line)
Develop an ORR/RA Plan of Action (Line)
Develop an Implementation Plan (ORR Team)
Achieve Readiness/Management Self Assessment (Line)
Readiness to Proceed Memo (Line)
Conduct the reviews, ORR Report (ORR Team )
Corrective Action Plan, Finding Resolution (Line)
Authorization/Startup Authority authorize operations/start (Line)
1T1M1L May 2005 Revision 15
1T1M1L May 2005 Revision 16
1T1M1L May 2005 Revision 17
1. Subject Facility . . .
2. Reference to specific requirements for which exemptions is sought . . .
3. ID and justification of acceptance of any additional risk . . .
1T1M1L May 2005 Revision 18
6. Other pertinent Data used as a basis . . .
7. Description of special circumstances (see DOE M 251.1-1A Chapter VII:
- Steps/action to be taken to provide adequate protection of ES&H and statement that adequate protection will result . . .
- Description of Alternative or mitigating actions for period the exemption is effective . . .
- How the safe conduct of nuclear operations will then be assured?
1T1M1L May 2005 Revision 19
1T1M1L May 2005 Revision 20
1T1M1L May 2005 Revision 21
1T1M1L May 2005 Revision 22