Welcome To Hermiston ONLINE!. Orientation for the 2012/2013 School Year. With Online Education YOU CAN:. Work on your coursework at any time of the day or night, any day of the week! Work at your own pace Experience state-of-the-art, interesting and interactive curriculum
Orientation for the 2012/2013 School Year
*Required for graduation in Oregon.
For grades K-5, go to www.k12.com and click on OLS login.
First time users will click on “Set Up Your Account.” To set up your account, you need the registration number that was emailed to you welcoming you to K12. Please refer to your email for this number or contact your school to have it retrieved for you.
K-5 students MUST take the Introduction to Online Learning. This course is short, but will help save you time byunderstanding how to navigate the OLS and how
to be a successful
Blackboard Collaborate is another form of communication, but you would need to either attend an already scheduled Class Connect session, or request time to meet with your teacher for extra help. To contact your teacher regarding options, send him/her a Kmail.
1. Don’t forget to participate in the Introduction to Online Learning course. This course is very important in helping you to ensure a successful online experience.
2. Your teacher is a great resource for your curriculum or course needs.
3. www.k12.com/start is filled with great resources for parents
4. http://support.onlineschoolsolutions/comis a great resource for commonly asked questions. This is also the place that will tell you if we are experiencing any delays within our systems.
Where do I log in my 6-12 student?
For grades 6-12, login to www.aventalearning.com and click on Log In.
6-12 using Aventa Learning - If you can’t log in:
1. First, keep in mind that you are not able to log in until the start date of your courses. If your course start date is September 10th, and you try to log in on September 8th, you will not be able to get into the Blackboard system.
2. If that is not the reason, make sure your user name and password are correct (they are case sensitive) or contact your mentor to retrieve it for you.
For your 6-12 students logging in to Blackboard, under My Classes, start with the Orientation. This course will help you to better understand how to navigate Blackboard and answer common questions.
1. Be sure to attend the Orientation sections of each course and in the main “My Classes” section. These orientations will help you to understand the many aspects of Blackboard and how to navigate expected features for that particular course.
2. Contact your teacher if you have curriculum or course questions. Remember, they will respond within 24 hours.
3. http://support.onlineschoolsolutions.com is a great resource for commonly asked questions. This is also the place that will tell you if we are experiencing any delays wtihin our systems.