OCR Chemistry B (Salters’). Chemistry in Practice F333/01 Andrew Jones Principal Moderator. Overview. Skill I Competence 12 marks Skill II Measurement 12 marks Skill III Analysis & Evaluation 12 marks Skill IV Observation 12 marks Skill V Interpretation 12 marks
Chemistry in Practice
TOTAL 60 marks
- safe working;
- manipulative skills, including resolving problems;
- performing a titration;
- making thermochemical measurements;
- qualitative test-tube experiments;
- experiments involving ICT;
- preparing an organic compound;
- collaborating with other students.
- Tasks for Candidates;
- Mark Schemes for Teachers;
- Instructions for Teachers and Technicians.
In this case the best mark is used for the Skill.
- make measurements and to record data;
- work accurately when compared to a teacher value.
- carry out a calculation from given data;
- calculate percentage uncertainty associated with measurement;
- comment upon the limitations of practical procedures.
- make and record accurate observations.
- identify patters or trends in reactions;
- identify types of reactions;
- write equations (including ionic) for reactions.
- the mark for Skill I (+ supporting documents);
- the Centre Authentication Form (CCS160);
- the marks summary spreadsheet.