Energy Systems. Goal:. I will be able to explain how my body converts food into a usable form of energy for my cells. . Generating Energy. How does the human body generate energy? Carbohydrates Proteins Fats. Carbohydrates. Among the most common organic compounds on earth.
(Speed Skating Video – Men Team Pursuit)
Read Chapter 5 (pgs 81 – 84)
1. List the three key energy nutrients.
2. What is the role of carbohydrates as an energy source?
3. Why is ATP essential for life?
4. Compare anaerobic and aerobic systems.
5. List the type of activities that would use the ATP-PC system and Glycolysis.