Improving Voice with Specifics. Tony Hawk could have written: “My parents didn’t discourage me even when I was broke.” Instead, he wrote:
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
“My parents didn’t discourage me even when I was broke.”
“My parents never once questioned the practicality behind my passion, even when I had to scrape together gas money and regarded dinner at Taco Bell as a big night out.”
Doctorow , E.L. The Book of Daniel. New York: Random House, 1971. Print.
1. My brother is very talented.
2. When my dog died, I felt miserable.
3. Ability is of little account without opportunity.
4. We shouldn’t be scared to be ourselves.
5. I felt nervous before I performed.
6. We should think of others before ourselves.
7. If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.
8. School is boring.
9. The singer had to work really hard to get to where she was.
10. Math, for me, is very difficult.