Homo Erectus . helby Althuizen aelee Downing ryan Forouzeh. Table of Contents . Slide 2: Table of Contents Slide 3: Dates and Places of Existence Slide 4: Description of Physical Appearance Slide 5: Description of Shelters Slide 6: Food Slide 7: Description of Daily Life
Homo Erectus had large brains. Their brain size was form 54-67 cubic inches, which was larger than the brain of a Homo Habilis. Homo Erectus people had smaller teeth than Homo Habilis, but larger than modern humans’ teeth. Homo Erectus people had a very thick skull with a sloping forehead and large eyebrows. They also had massive jaws and had no chin. Additionally, they had flat faces and were taller than early groups of humans and had shorter arms. They weighed about 100 to 150 pounds. (3)
1) Homo Erectus people were the first ones to create fire. How did they discover to make fire?!
A)Natural Ways B)Fire Sticks C)Sticks and Stones D)All of the Above
2) Homo Erectus people had many tools, such as, hand axes, fire sticks, and rocks. What did they use these tools for?!
A)Cut Meat B)Dig C)Make Fires D)All of the Above
3) Homo Erectus people had a nickname given to them for their straight backs and being the first group to not slouch. What was their nickname?!
A)Upright Man B)Straight Back Man C)Long Back Man D)Non-Slouch Man
2) Ancient Civilization (book) by Macmillan/McGraw Hill
3) Ancient Civilization (book) by Macmillan/McGraw Hill
4) http://www.kidspast.com/world-history/0010-homo-erectus.php and Homo Erectus packet
The resources on the bibliography were to check our answers!