Versus • as opposed to; in contrast with
1. Man Has Many Laws • Some laws that are still on the books sound strange • In Texas, it's against the law for anyone to have a pair of pliers in his or her possession.
1. Man Has Many Laws • In Tennessee, it is against the law to drive a car while sleeping. • In New York, it is against the law for a blind person to drive an automobile.
1. Man Has Many Laws • In Louisiana, a bill was introduced years ago in the State House of Representatives that fixed a ceiling on haircuts for bald men of 25 cents. • In Oklahoma, no baseball team can hit the ball over the fence or out of a ballpark.
1. Man Has Many Laws • In Michigan, it is against the law for a lady to lift her skirt more than 6 inches while walking through a mud puddle
1. Man Has Many Laws • In Texas, it is still a "hanging offense" to steal cattle.
2. God Has A Law • The Bible contains laws that are much more relevant to our lives • Gal. 6:2 • “Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.”
2. God Has A Law • The Bible condemns man made religions with their man made laws • Mk. 7:7-8
Mk. 7:7-8 • Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do
2. God Has A Law • The New Testament is the law of Christ for the world & has been in effect since the church was established in Acts 2
2. God Has A Law • 1 Cor. 9:21 • “but under the law to Christ” • Js. 1:25
Js. 1:25 • But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed
2. God Has A Law • The Bible is inspired of God • Over 2600 times the Bible claims divine authorship • 2 Pet. 1:19-21
2 Pet. 1:19-21 • We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:.
2 Pet. 1:19-21 •  Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost .
2. God Has A Law • Many men do not believe the Bible is what it claims to be • Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens) once said, “Faith is believing something you now isn’t true”
2. God Has A Law • That’s not what the Bible teaches • Heb. 11:1 • Heb. 4:12
Heb. 11:1 • Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Heb. 4:12 • For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart
3. God’s Law Is Different From & Reigns Over Man’s Law • Man’s laws often differ from God’s law • Man’s law even contradicts God’s law • Abortion, gambling, sex outside of marriage, drinking alcohol, etc.
3. God’s Law Is Different From & Reigns Over Man’s Law • Acts 5:29 • Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
3. God’s Law Is Different From & Reigns Over Man’s Law • No civil authority has the right to contradict God’s law • No group of men has the right to make laws for God • Acts 20:28-30
Acts 20:28-30 • Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
Acts 20:28-30 •  For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
3. God’s Law Is Different From & Reigns Over Man’s Law • NOTICE the difference in punishment for breaking man’s law versus breaking God’s law • You commit a crime by breaking man’s law & you go to jail
3. God’s Law Is Different From & Reigns Over Man’s Law • You break God’s law by committing sin and you may go to hell • We must obey God’s law and submit to his will • Mt. 7:21
Mt. 7:21 • Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
4. God’s Law Is Unchanging • Man’s laws change frequently • The 105th congress considered some 13,882 pieces of legislation, passing 354 into Public Laws
4. God’s Law Is Unchanging • Heb. 13:8 • Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
Lust Idolatry Foul language Laziness selfishness Pride Hatred 5. God’s Law Can Be Broken Without Breaking Man’s Law
5. God’s Law Can Be Broken Without Breaking Man’s Law • On the other hand, man has made many laws that violate God’s law • Abortion • Homosexuality
6. God’s Law Is Simple & Can Be Obeyed • The federal tax code now covers some 17,000 pages and requires over 700 different forms • God’s law is different
6. God’s Law Is Simple & Can Be Obeyed • The Bible may contain some difficult passages, but the laws God expects us to obey in order to please Him and go to heaven are not hard to understand
6. God’s Law Is Simple & Can Be Obeyed • Ps. 19:7 • Ps. 119:130 • 2 Tim. 3:15-17
Ps. 19:7 • The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple
Ps. 119:130 • The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.
2 Tim. 3:15-17 • And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
2 Tim. 3:15-17 •  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
References • “God’s Law Versus Man’s Law”, tract by Allen Webster