Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
A.R.M.S. Active Resource Management Services For Big Data Processing. Revised Presentation One. Outline. 1: Title 2: Outline 3: Members 4: Mentor 5-6: Societal Issue 7: History 8-9: Dr. Li 10-11: Cluster Computing 12-14: Case Study 15: Accuracy
Revised Presentation One
How do researchers handle the massive amounts of data they are collecting in order to benefit their research?
“Every day, [mankind] create 2.5 quintillion bytes of data — so much that 90% of the data in the world today has been created in the last two years alone.”1
Head node packages data from the computation nodes and presents it in
a readable format so that it is usable by the research community
Distributed Resource Management Systems (D-RMS)
More users use Dinosolve because of the enhanced accuracy
Reference 13,14 and 15
Input protein sequence
Input e-mail address
Submit, then wait for confirmation...
Protein Sequence: string of alphabetic characters, each of which represent a particular amino acid in the protein
Confirmation of request
Now wait for results
Check your e-mail,
Click the link provided
The results are displayed
As it continues to grow in popularity, these are expected to occur:
Goal is to prepare the system to be able to continue to support the research community in light of its expected growth in requests
Configure a distributed resource management system
If an entity wishes to receive government funding then any electronic form the entity uses must be 508 compliant.
With the updated user interface and correctly configured Sun Grid Engine, Dr. Li hopes to establish a reputable, reliable, and aesthetically pleasing Disulfide Bonding Prediction Server.
5. Li, Y. (2010, September 1). CAREER: Novel Sampling Approaches for Protein Modeling Applications [Abstract]. National Science Foundation Award Abstract #1066471.
6. Li, Y., & Yaseen, A. (2012). Enhancing Protein Disulfide Bonding Prediction Accuracy with Context-based Features. Biotechnology and Bioinformatics Symposium
7. bioinformatics. 2011. In Merriam-Webster.com. Retrieved February 15, 2013, from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bioinformatics
8. Cronk, J. D. (2012). Disulfide Bond. Retrieved February 15, 2013, from Biochemistry Dictionary:
9. Yan, Y., & Chapman, B. (2008). Comparative Study of Distributed Resource Management Systems–SGE, LSF, PBS Pro, and LoadLeveler. Technical Report-Citeseerx.
10. Li, Y., & Yaseen, A. (2012). Dinosolve. Retrieved from http://hpcr.cs.odu.edu/dinosolve/
11. Arvind Krishna, “Why Big Data? Why Now?”, IBM , 2011
12. Yonghong Yan, Barbara M. Chapman, Comparative Study of Distributed Resource Management Systems - SGE, LSF, PBS Pro, and LoadLeveler, Department of Computer Science, University of Houston, May 2005 (pdf)
13. Dr. Li’s site http://hpcr.cs.odu.edu/dinosolve/
14. Scratch Predictor http://scratch.proteomics.ics.uci.edu/
15. DiANNAserver http://clavius.bc.edu/~clotelab/DiANNA/
Portable Batch System (PBS)
Moab HPC Suite
IBM Platform LSF
Apache Hadoop with Zookeeper