THE «YOUTH IN ACTION» PROGRAMME.
„Youth in Action” (YIA) is a community Program that supports non-formal learning activities for young people. It is managed by the National Agency from each participant country, being the „successor” of the „Youth” Program. This program is implemented in 2007-2013 and it has a total budget of 885 million Euro.
• to promote active citizenship in general and European citizenship in particular among young people;
• to develop solidarity and promote tolerance among young people, in particular to contribute to the social cohesion in the European Union;
• to support mutual understanding between young people from different countries;
• to improve the quality of support systems for youth activities and youth organizations capacity of civil society;
• to promote European cooperation in the youth field.
• Active participation of young
• Inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities
The objectives and priorities described above are achieved through five operational programs called actions:
ACTION 2 - EUROPEAN VOLUNTARY SERVICE
ACTION 3 - YOUTH IN THE WORLD
*Sub-action 3.1 - Cooperation with the Neighbouring Countries of the European Union
ACTION 4 – YOUTH SUPPORT SYSTEMS
*Sub-action 4.3 - Training and networking of those active in youth work and youth organisations
ACTION 5 - SUPPORT FOR EUROPEAN COOPERATION IN THE YOUTH FIELD
* Sub-action 5.1 - Meetings of young people and those responsible for youth policy
HISTORY !The idea emerged in aroundSeptember of 2011 firstwithTurkiye, Poland andSpain.Then, Romania, LatviaandEstoniajoined in . Aftertwounluckytrials , theapplicationwasapproved as a result of insistant, ambitiousdemonstrations in front of theTurkishNationalAgency’sdoor;)
Turkiye is theapplicantpromoternamelythecoordinator of thisproject . Poland, Spain,Romania, LatviaandEstoniaarecalled partner promoters.
InconnectionwiththeYouthIn Action priorities , withourprojectwewill be aimingtoencourageouryoungsterstogetinvolve in theactivitiesregarding : EuropeancitizenshipActive participation of youngCulturaldiversityInclusion of young people with fewer opportunities
Wewouldliketocreateconsciousness in youngsters’ mindaboutthe“culturaldegenerations” and“allkinds of unhealthy life styles”bytheway of activitiesrelatedtohealthyliving at thesame time preservingculturalvaluesandestablishingtolerancetotheothercultures of Europe.
Wewill be focusing on ‘TraditionalDances’ as a tooltoachieveourgoalsandwehavealreadygotthefirstpart of it tillnowbymakingthemcreatefilmstoteach a traditionaldancetothepaircountry.
Wewouldespeciallyliketoinvolveyoungpeoplewithfewersocio-economicopportunitiesin thisexchangeprojecttogivethem a chancetohave, maybe, a uniqueexperience in theirlives!
andthesearesome of theactivitiesweareplanningtorealiseduringtheexchange:Paintball,- Seminar on ‘How tolive a healthy life’, - Daily physicalexercises,- Making an interviewwithunistudents,- Sports competitionsmulticultural,- Practising folk dances,- City game,- Discoveringthetraditionalvalues,- TouristicExcursions,- CulturalNights,- Final Mini DanceFeasttogetherwithallparticipants.- Havingfun!