Wide Area Networking & Internetworking. Unit 7, Chapter 13 & 14 How do they talk to each other?. Objectives. Summarize the characteristics and capabilities of a wide area network (WAN). Identify distinguishing attributes of WANs as compared to LANs.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Unit 7, Chapter 13 & 14
How do they talk to each other?
1. A ___________ determines the best way to route to use when sending a message through a network and sends it on its way.
2. Routers are specialized computers that perform routing in a network.
3. Delays in networks can come from _____________________.
d. all of the above
4. Which of the following is not an Internet top level domain name?
d. None of the above
5. A queue is a ____________.
a. billiard stick
b. waiting line
6. Which of the following is not a cost of network design and implementation?
a. The time of the network designers
b. The cost of consultants to assist with the design
c. The cost of staff to test the new network
d. The cost of the network operations personnel to run the network
7. When two stations on a circuit transmit at the same time, ______ occurs.
a. an altercation
b. a division
d. a collision
8. Which of the following routing techniques are used in WANs?
a. dynamic routing
b. distributed routing
c. static routing
d. All of the above
9. Which of the following was developed to overcome the overhead of packet switching and provide more efficient data transmission?
b. Circuit switched systems
c. Frame relay
10. VPNs ____________________
a. Can send data through the Internet
b. Can handle traffic relatively securely
c. Can restrict outside packets from entering the VPN
d. Are usually quite cost effective
e. All of the above