HEALTHY CHOICES: Health Today. Lawndale High School Ms. Mai. Health. What does “health” mean?. Health – a state of well-being. What defines a person’s state of well-being has changed considerable over the years. Health: Past and Present.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Lawndale High School
1. Sleeping 7 to 8 hours daily
2. Eating breakfast daily
3. Rarely eating between meals
4. Maintaining a healthy weight
5. Reducing fat and salt in meals
6. Getting regular physical exercise
7. Avoiding tobacco and alcohol
8. Appropriately using only legal medication
Discuss with a partner how much you think each of the four main factors affect your health. Come up with a percentage for each of the factors.
1. Physical Wellness – health of your body (exercise, nutrition, preventive care, and avoiding abusive substances)
2. Intellectual Wellness – gathering knowledge through stimulating learning experiences (challenging your mind, solve problems)
3. Emotional Wellness – awareness and acceptance of your feelings and self-image (self-expression, self-control, self-evaluation, enthusiasm for life)
4. Social Wellness – relationships with others (make friends, cooperate with others, productive member of society)
THE FOUR FACTORS OF HEALTH
Discuss each of the 4 factors of health in your life. Rate each factor on a scale of 1 to 10. Which factor is your strength? Which factor is your weakness? What is one thing you can change in your lifestyle to improve on your weakness?