Unit 10. www.xkb1.com. Unit 10 I've had this bike for three years. Section A 2 3a-3c. www.xkb1.com. New words. bedroom n . 卧室. railway n. 铁路；铁道. junior adj. 地位 ( 或职位、级别 ) 低下的 junior high school 初级中学 e.g. We could give the job to somebody junior . 我们可以把这份工作交给职位较低的人。.
I've had this bike
for three years.
bedroom n. 卧室
junior high school 初级中学
e.g. We could give the job to somebody
e.g. Most households now own at least
truthful adj. 诚实的；老实的
e.g. He was not always truthful.
Son: a train and railway set
the toy monkey
Daughter: certain toys
Father: football shirts
1. My daughter is 15 and my boy has
already started junior high school.
2. Our house really get smaller.
3. My son was quite sad at first.
4. My daughter felt happy to part with
5. I want to give up my football shirts.
Because the father’s children get bigger and their house seems to get smaller.
1. Why did they decide to have a yard sale?
2. What do they want to do with the money
from the sale?
They want to give the money to a children’s home.
train and railway set?
4. How can the old toys be useful again?
Because he has owned it since his fourth birthday, and he played with it almost every week until he was about seven.
They can be sold to the people who
yard sale to sell your things?
What would you do with the money
Yes, I have.
I would give it to the charity.
1. We have already cleared out a lot of
things from our bedrooms.
clear out 清理；丢掉
e.g. I’ll clear out that closet for you.
things that we no longer use.
用not …any longer或not … anymore
He no longer lives here. (= He doesn’t
live here anymore/any longer.)
although she also felt sad to part with
1) certain adj.意为“某种；某事；某人”。
e.g. He decided to sell his certain books.
be certain of/about sth.
be certain of doing sth.
be certain +从句 一定……
2) part with 放弃、交出，
part v.离开， 分开
e.g. Don’t part with your dream.
my football shirts, but, to be honest, I
have not played for a while now.
1) as for 至于，关于
e.g. And as for us, we are fortunate.
2) to be honest意为“说实在的，说实话”，经常单独使用，作插入语，用逗号与句子隔开。类似的表达还有to tell the truth “老实说，说实话”。
e.g. An honest man does not tell lies.
e.g. They chattered away happily for a
He kept in touch with us while he was
lose— part with kids— _______
truthful— __________ many— ________
some time— ______ even though— _______
quickly— ______ older— ______
a lot of
to be honest
1. My best friend Tom is ____ honest
boy. You can believe him.
A. a B. an C. the D. /
2. —Is Mr. Smith still in Shanghai?
—Yes, he ____ there for two months.
A. has been B. has gone
C. has been to D. has gone to
Recite the article.
You can use the sentences
according to the keys of 3b.