PROJECT MANAGEMENT. Outline What is project mean? Examples of projects… Project Planning and Control Project Life Cycle Gantt Chart PERT/CPM. What is Project?. What is the different between normal business activities and Project? Project
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
What is project mean?
Examples of projects…
Project Planning and Control
Project Life Cycle
What is the different between normal business activities and Project?
Unique, one time operations design to accomplish a specific set of objectives in a limited time frame.
To find the critical path, need to determine the following quantities for each activity in the network:
1. Earliest start time(ES): the earliest time an activity can begin without violation of immediate predecessor requirements.
2. Earliest finish time(EF): the earliest time at which an activity can end.
3. Latest start time(LS): the latest time an activity can begin without delaying the entire project.
4. Latest finish time(LF): the latest time an activity can end without delaying the entire project.
Assess customer's needs
Write and submit proposal
Develop service vision and goals
Quality improvement pilot groups
Write assessment report
1CPM with Single Time Estimate
Consider the following consulting project:
Develop a critical path diagram and determine the
duration of the critical path and slack times for all
E, 5When I can start depends on when predecessors finish.
crash cost/time period =
normal time – crash timeProject Crashing with PERT/CPM: Four Steps
This process uses the following formula:
3. Select the activity on the critical path with the smallest crash cost per week.
Crash this activity to the maximum extent possible or to the point at which your desired deadline has been reached
4. Check to be sure that the critical path you were crashing is still critical.