Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author. While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Core competencies …………. The multidisciplinary team needs a leader!
Core competencies …………. Who should lead this multidisciplinary team?
Who should lead the multidisciplinary team? How to meet societal and customer needs best?
Who should lead the multidisciplinary team? A matter of scientific evidence ….
Who should lead the multidisciplinary team? ….. or well-defined consensus?
Who should lead the multidisciplinary team? What is EASOM’s point of view?
Who should lead the multidisciplinary team? Aren’t we specialist physicians?
Who should lead the multidisciplinary team? What are our essential roles and key competencies?
1. Medical Expert: The specialist must be able to be a …. demonstrate diagnostic and therapeutic skills access and apply relevant information to clinical practice demonstrate effective consultation services
2. Communicator: The specialist must be able to be a …. establish therapeutic relationship obtain relevant history discuss appropriate information
3. Collaborator: The specialist must be able to be a …. consult effectively with other physicians contribute effectively to other interdisciplinary team activities
4. Manager: The specialist must be able to be a …. utilize resources effectively allocate resources wisely work effectively and efficiently in a health care organisation utilise information technology for patient care and life-long learning
5. Health Advocate: The specialist must be able to be a …. identify determinants of health contribute to improved health of patients and communities
6. Scholar: The specialist must be able to be a …. implement and monitor a personal continuing education strategy critically appraise medical information facilitate learning of patients and students contribute to development of new knowledge
7. Professional: The specialist must be able to be a …. deliver highest quality care with integrity, honesty and compassion exhibit appropriate professional behaviour practise medicine ethically consistent with obligations of a physician
Moreover: he / she …. So let us vote for the doctor to be the leader of the multidisciplinary team! is independent is academic had the longest education time is a catalyser for cooperation has authority for the customer!
Statement 1 The physician is the natural leader of the multidisciplinary team
Statement 2: Training programmes in occupational medicine have to be based upon CanMEDS key competencies