Study Intent • The study intends to answer the following question: • Is home-office car-pooling (ride-sharing)feasible for employees ? • To answer this, we need to know the following: • Where are employees residing ? • How are they commuting today ? • Are the current commuting modes most efficient ? (Money, time, convenience and safety) • Can ride-sharing be better ? • Is ride-sharing possible within employees ? Are there enough passengers and car-owners in the same direction ?
Study inputs Data collection Total employees : 1515 Data collected for : 967 Data collected : Emp#, home location, mode of transport For this study, all references and percentages are calculated with 967 as basis. For security reasons, employee name, gender and other details were not shared. Data collected & provided by admin team
Study methodology • Evaluated of all major routes from Delhi/NCR to (Gurgaon office) • Evaluation of public transportation options in all these possible routes • 1st usage option : Metro + rickshaws • 2nd usage option : Buses • 3rd usage option : Auto’s / Taxi’s • Appx. travel cost calculation, per route, based on • Official metro fares available on Delhi Metro’s website • Buses fares (from usage experience) • Rickshaw fares (average values - as this is a not regulated by govt. practically) • Employee segmentation • Assignment of all employees to these routes • Current usage modes • Feasibility analysis for every route wrt’s employee base • Cost comparison based on current usage and availability and usage of FV • Outputs deduced based on all the above steps
1. Where are employees residing ? 55% employees stay within 20kms 79% employees stay within 30 kms 51% employees stay with Gurgaon 42% employees stay in Delhi
1. Where are employees residing ? Further division of 2 main cities
2. How are they commuting today ? 80% employees use personal or public transportation options. 20% employees (only) use office provided transportation
3. Are the current commuting modes most efficient ? 70% of employees are residing in locations NOT suited to use the Metro These employees are either staying in areas with NO metro connectivity (51% in GGN) or , staying in areas which have a huge detour if metro is used (17.37%) Office is located appx. 2.5 kmsfrom nearest metro/bus station Most employees would use a Rickshaw to reach the office after reaching the nearest metro/bus station. • All employees using public transport take multiple vehicles to reach office - Time, money & convenience issues • Most users can’t use the metro, hence are taking buses, auto’s or rickshaws • - Time, money & convenience issues • Most vehicle-owners are currently driving alone (global stats is over 90%) • - Money & personal health issues
4. Can ride sharing be better ? • With ride sharing employees • Travel point to point (directly home to office) • - do not need multiple transportation mechanisms • - save time • - save money (in some cases) • - becomes more convenient • 2. Travel safe • - employees travel with each other • Increase inter/intra team coordination • Reduce load on public infrastructure and emissions • Increase productivity
5. Is ride-sharing possible within employees ? 68.56% of employees come from the same 10 directions In ALL these 10 directions, ride sharing is - cheaper - safer - time efficient - more convenient The rest 30% of employees will have to pay a little more to ride-share
Ride-sharing will be more COST EFFECTIVE for over 70% employees from DAY 1 Added employee benefits - Employee safety - High convenience With time, the remaining 30% will understand the non-financial benefits and also join in.
Want car-pooling for your company? Use Orahi’s patent pending technology to automate car-pooling for your organization and make it LIVE in 1 day. Orahi works with organizations to promote car-pooling among corporate employees. The service is provided at ZERO Cost to the company. Talk to us: Call us at +91-8800701166 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org Talk to the founding team: email@example.com