The Catholic Reformation . The “Counter Reformation”. What was the Catholic Reformation?. Protestant Churches had won many followers Catholics wanted to help others remain loyal to the church Movement within the church to reform itself. Ignatius of Loyola.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
The “Counter Reformation”
1) Building superb schools throughout Europe
- Rigorously trained Teachers
- Trained in Classics and Theology
2) Convert non-Christians to Catholicism
- Sent out Missionaries
3) Stop the spread of Protestantism
- Succeeded in Poland & So. Germany
Pope Paul III (1534-1549)
Pope John IV