Welcome back to Promoting Innovation. In a Team Environment with Sue Cameron. Agenda Session 5. Revision on Last week (Session 4 PPP) Create Opportunities to maximize innovation in a team such as finding out what the team needs and wants to achieve
In a Team Environment with Sue Cameron
What is motivation?
Motivation is the internal condition that activates behaviour and gives it direction; energizes and directs goal-oriented behaviour (wikipedia)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFvz47qbBnk&NR=1(how not to build a team 5.30mins)
3. Define what the team needs and wants to achieve
e.g. addressing particular customer feedback, developing new services or products, improving the work environment or conditions, generating ongoing ideas within the work unit or improving budget performance etc etc
5. Acknowledge, respect and discuss the different ways people may contribute to building or enhancing the team such as:
6. Agree and communicate responsibilities in ways that encourage and enhance team-based innovation
7. Agree and share task and activities to ensure the best use of skills and abilities within the team
8. Offer a reward, recognition or celebration if the team’s innovative project is successful?
In small teams of 5 chose a leader and a scribe and establish some ground rules
(this is a 15 min activity)