Bottle caps. Word Work. “bean” words. Cloverleaf Elementary September 10, 2013. Learning Targets for Today. I can review the I-Charts for Word Work (materials set up, use, and clean up) I can review the Focus Lessons for Launching Word Work. (see p. 89 in Daily 5 book)
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
….just to name a few
What students will do……
* Brainstorm I chart of how to set up materials and how to work with them independently
* Model finding the materials, materials placement in the room, and setup of materials
* Brainstorm chart of how to clean up
* Model materials placement in the room, setup, and cleanup of the materials
Day Two - * Model and practice materials setup, materials placement, and cleanup of materials
* Brainstorm I chart – “How to Use Materials”
* Model and practice student behaviors of how to use materials
* Continue building stamina of working with materials, adding 1 – 2 minutes each dayExample of Implementation:
Other focus lessons for Word Work might include the following:
Each day add a few more minutes until students are independently working with these materials for the desired amount of time.
VIDEO: Taking a “Tour”: www.thedailycafe.com/members/323.cfm
Discuss with your grade level what where you will get content
for this Daily 5 component.
Letterland Words Their Way
Wordly Wise Content Specific Vocabulary
such as Science, Math, etc.
Word Sorts Vocabulary Booklets
Magnetic letters Stamping
Building with beans, buttons, shells, etc.
What else? (Word Work Task cards will be uploaded on
my web page.)