Transferable skills. Chris Plant PMU. Purpose. To ensure that NHS Wales maximises the talents of its staff with regard to AfC To reflect on new/improved skills developed during the project To consider roles to which these skills might be suited, both now and in the future.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
- planning to meet deadline after deadline (or sometimes explaining why you haven’t!)
- Developing project plans
- Adjusting project plans
- Understanding the impact of changes
- “managing upwards”: keeping your bosses informed and getting decisions from them
- Establishing systems, processes
Influencing/ Negotiation skills
- For agreeing deadlines
- In policy discussions
- In meetings (e.g. agreeing courses of action)
- “political” awareness of local, national and UK issues, and of different organisations…
and using this to gain leverage or manage expectations locally
- “Learning to play nicely” (Project leads, staff reps, all panels)
- Dealing with conflict/tensions
- Challenging and questioning
- Building cases for change
- Networking skills
- Power Point
- CAJE, e-KSF (ESR)
Task roles – what carries on?