Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
Internet Marketing Strategies for Ministry For full notes: http://www.stirgroup.com/ministry - Discovery - Strategy - Implementation - Analysis & Revision Introduction and Overview - Reputation of your ministry - Visibility of your ministry - Draw relevant traffic into your ministry
- What would be different in our ministry if we had relevant, interested site visitors coming to our site and interacting with our site content?Discovery: What can be gained?
- Save staff time (drive traffic to FAQs, events, calendars, pdf downloads)
- Save money (fewer people doing the job that the website can do)
- Reduce frustration
- Generate leads
- Harvest email: grow a ministry asset
- Solidify branding
- Entertain site visitors
- Keep site visitors on your site longer (why?)Discovery: Sample Goals
- Increase awareness of camping
- Increase awareness of their specific camps
in specific regions
- Discover donors
- Build donor relationships
- Increase camp registrations
- Recruit staff
- Build a community
- promote safety of campers at your campsDiscovery: One Ministry
Paying per click to appear in search engine results for keywords that are relevant to your ministry and site goals.
Each person who clicks on your ppc ad will cost you (per click) when they land on your website.
To drive relevant traffic to your website - specifically to landing pages that will convert your relevant traffic into a visitor that acts upon one of your site goals.Strategy: Pay-Per-Click Marketing (PPC)
- Immediate Results
- Can be a specific strategy to drive traffic to one particular goal
- Keyword research for PPC can be very different from the keyword research for Organic Marketing
- Landing-page based strategy
- Goal is to get the most relevant visitor at the lowest cost per clickStrategy: Pay-Per-Click Marketing (PPC)
Creating visibility and connection for your ministry through social media sites such as Flickr, Digg, YouTube, Facebook, MySpace
To show up where people are looking.
To have opportunity to speak to masses of people in an authentic way (they can speak back).
To increase ranking in non-text-based search results:
blog searches, video searches, news searches, image searchesStrategy: Social Media Marketing (SMM)
Writing and distributing relevant news about your ministry.
Press releases provide inbound links to your website, visibility in Google News search results and increase the visibility of your brand / organization / ministry.
Press releases tell the world that your ministry is active, growing, relevant, exciting, etc.Strategy: Press Releases
This is the strategy where you provide a motivation in order to encourage interactivity, email harvesting, membership, recurring site visitation, etc.
If you are paying for site visitors (either through the hard work of organic marketing or paying per click), it is in your best interest to interact with the site visitor and encourage them to become more committed to your ministry.Strategy: Marketing for Conversion
1. TIME: create a timeline for implementation
2. MONEY: how much do you have to spend
3. PEOPLE: decide in-house our outsource the work
4. GO: do it
Here's some high level Tips and How-To's for implementing your marketing strategies...Implementation
• build recicprocal links - get quality links from related sites
• Help your content travel
• make pdf's & submit them to other sites
• give away articles that contain links back to your site
• reply to other blogs or discussion forums - put your website link in your signatureHow to: Organic Marketing
1. Create a PPC Account - create an account in Google to start at adwords.google.com
2. Use Google Keyword Tool - use Google's keyword tool for keyword ideas
3. Write Ads - write ads that contain keywords in the title
4. Geotarget - geotarget your ads to your target market
5. Create Landing Pages - create landing pages on your website
6. Google Stats - add google stats to your websiteHow to: Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
• implement organic marketing strategies
• write original content
• optimize the content/keywords to match the theme
• use ppc to drive traffic
• use the site to drive traffic to your main websiteHow to: Microsites / Mini Websites
• always make revisions - change your site and strategy based on stats
• try Google stats (free) if you don't already have a good web stats solution
• commercial stats providers: omniture, webtrends, clicktracksAnalysis & Revision
• analyze every keyword
• analyze and revise ad copy
• analyze and revise landing pages
• analyze and revise conversion goals / conversion pathwaysAnalysis & Revision: PPC
• number of friends in social networks
• number of members in your SN groups
• number of comments in your SN group
• traffic from SN sites to your main website
• number of video uploads / views
• number of postings in SN sites & blogsAnalysis & Revision: SMM
Internet Ministry Team Job Description
Website Development / Goals Workbook
Internet Marketing E-Book
Viral Social Media Marketing
E-mail info: email@example.com