Catholic Education Councils: Limits and Latitude:. Exploring the possibilities of models of school governance. What we will cover today:. Collegiality in the Church The Catholicity of the Council How the Council functions What the Council does Some further considerations. Why Councils?.
Exploring the possibilities of models of school governance
LEADERSHIP: Willingness to stand out from the crowd
MEMBERSHIP: Representative, Selected, Length of term,size,
expectations, who may NOT serve
DECISION-MAKING: consensus, not vote
AGENDA: make-up, distribution, moving it, place of prayer, inclusion of items
MINUTES: taking them, distributing them, importance, other records
COMMITTEES: importance, types, committee work
1. Faculty meetings are to be held regularly
2. Parents are expected to be involved in their children’s education.
3. All field trips are to be of an educational nature.
4. Students will not be allowed to do door-to-door solicitation
during school fundraisers.
1. Faculty meetings will be held the 3rd Wednesday of each month.
2. Parents will attend all parent-teacher conferences.
3. The principal will approve all field trips.
4. School personnel will send home notification of the ban on door-
to-door solicitation at the beginning of each school fundraising
Concretizes the vision of the Council