edward m van dyke oregon department of veterans affairs portland claims manager 503 412 4777 n.
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
Edward M. Van Dyke Oregon Department of Veterans’ Affairs Portland Claims Manager 503-412-4777 PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
Edward M. Van Dyke Oregon Department of Veterans’ Affairs Portland Claims Manager 503-412-4777

Loading in 2 Seconds...

play fullscreen
1 / 28

Edward M. Van Dyke Oregon Department of Veterans’ Affairs Portland Claims Manager 503-412-4777 - PowerPoint PPT Presentation

  • Uploaded on

Edward M. Van Dyke Oregon Department of Veterans’ Affairs Portland Claims Manager 503-412-4777. Veterans Benefits Available in the State of Oregon. Claims and Benefit Assistance.

I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyrighted work described.
Download Presentation

PowerPoint Slideshow about 'Edward M. Van Dyke Oregon Department of Veterans’ Affairs Portland Claims Manager 503-412-4777' - omer

Download Now An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation

Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript
edward m van dyke oregon department of veterans affairs portland claims manager 503 412 4777

Edward M. Van DykeOregon Department of Veterans’ AffairsPortland Claims Manager503-412-4777

claims and benefit assistance
Claims and Benefit Assistance
  • Provide quality assistance to veterans, their dependents, or survivors pursuing a claim in matters relating to veterans, benefits.
oregon veterans home
Oregon Veterans’ Home
  • Oregon Veterans’ Home located in The Dalles, Oregon.
  • Provides quality nursing care for veterans as well as their spouses.
  • VA/Medicaid approved.
state veterans home loans
State Veterans’ Home Loans
  • Used for the acquisition of homes and home improvements.
  • Competitive Rates.
  • Must be use within 30 years after discharge.
  • Home Loan division 1-800-828-8801
property tax exemption
Property Tax Exemption
  • Property tax exemption of 15,000 or 19,000 off of assessed value.
  • Must be a veteran who served during a period of war.
  • Certified 40 percent or more disabled or in receipt of Non Service Connected Pension by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
  • Must own and live on your property that you are requesting the exemption.
property tax exemption continued
Property Tax Exemption Continued
  • Property Tax Exemption Continued
    • Widows or Widowers of veterans are eligible for this exemption.
    • Apply through your county tax assessor's office.
oregon parks and recreation pass
Oregon Parks and Recreation Pass
  • Veterans with service-connected and military personnel on leave.
  • Free day use parking, free overnight RV and campsites for up to 5 consecutive days and no more than 10 days total in a calendar month.
  • This benefits applies to Oregon State Parks.
  • Does not apply to Yurts or Cabins.
game licenses
Game Licenses
  • Free hunting and fishing licenses to veterans disabled at 30 percent or more.
  • Active members of the Armed Forces or veterans who retired from the Armed Forces within 12 months of the date of application may apply for reimbursement for the cost of a resident annual hunting and angling licenses.
game licenses continued
Game Licenses continued
  • Permanent Hunting Permit allows holder to take either sex animals during general season hunts. Also allows aid from another person for taking of game if needed.
    • Must be a disabled at 65 percent or more or in receipt of Non-Service Connected Pension.
auto license and registration programs
Auto License and Registration Programs
  • Auto License and Registration Programs
    • One-time registration fee for motor vehicle registration for veterans 60 percent disable or more.
    • Veterans License Plates Former POW’s, members of the active National Guard and certain veterans service organizations names are available on license plates.
    • Veteran Recognition Plates.
state educational aid
State Educational Aid
  • Up to $150.00 per month to qualified veterans
  • Need to complete Form 1004-M
  • Active Duty in the Armed Forces of the U.S. for not less than 90 days; and
  • Released from military service under honorable conditions; and
  • Is a resident of Oregon; and
state educational aid continued
State Educational Aid Continued
  • Is a citizen of the United States; and
  • Served during the Korean War or
  • Received a campaign or expeditionary medal or ribbon awarded by the Armed Forces of the United States for service after June 30, 1958.
oregon veterans emergency financial assistance program
Oregon Veterans’ Emergency Financial Assistance Program
  • Must have 180 days of active duty or separated for service-connected disability.
  • Must be a current Oregon resident.
  • Must have a emergent need such as eviction notice, utility shut-off notice ect.
  • Can apply at any ODVA office or County Veteran Service Office.
high school diploma program
High School Diploma Program.
  • Assist veterans in obtaining there High School Diploma with school districts.
  • Veteran service in the Armed Forces must be the reason for not graduating.
  • Mostly applies to WWII, Korean and Vietnam Veterans.
  • Apply at any ODVA office.
veterans dependent tuition waiver
Veterans’ Dependent Tuition Waiver
  • Students must be admitted to a degree program at an Oregon University System Campus.
  • Must be a child (includes adopted child or stepchildren), a spouse, or unmarried surviving spouse of a member of the United States Armed Forces who fit within one of the following criteria:
veterans dependent tuition waiver continued
Veterans’ Dependent Tuition Waiver Continued
  • Qualified Service member is identified as:
    • Died on active duty after 9/11/01 or
    • Died due to a service-connected condition sustained after 9/11/01 or
    • Is rated 100% disabled by the Department of Veterans Affairs for a service-connected disability sustained after 9/11/01.
veterans dependent tuition waiver continued1
Veterans’ Dependent Tuition Waiver Continued
  • An eligible child must be 23 years of age or younger at the time the child applies for the waiver.
  • A child who is older than 23 years of age is eligible for a waiver for a master’s degree program if the child:
    • Applied for and received a waiver for a baccalaureate degree when child was under 23 years of age or younger; and
veterans dependent tuition waiver continued2
Veterans’ Dependent Tuition Waiver Continued
  • Applied for a master’s program waiver within 12 months of receiving a baccalaureate degree.
  • Some courses that may be excluded from this remission include post-baccalaureate courses, certificate programs, additional undergraduate degrees, distance education classes, self-supported classes, and other campus-designated programs.
veterans dependent tuition waiver continued3
Veterans’ Dependent Tuition Waiver Continued
  • Maximum waiver granted
    • Total number of attempted credit hours equal to four years of full-time attendance for baccalaureate and
    • Total number of attempted credit hours equal to 2 years of full-time attendance for master program.
    • Benefit not retroactive.
  • Estate management for certain veterans and dependents.
reemployment rights
Reemployment Rights
  • Entitlement to old job, seniority, and pay with accrued status upon release from service. Enforced under Federal Status.
public employment preference points
Public Employment Preference Points
  • Veterans’ preference in public employment. Additional preference for disabled veterans.
  • Veterans can earn 5 or 10 preference points for state positions.
small business repair loan
Small Business Repair Loan
  • Must be a veteran of the current conflicts ie. Iraq or Afghanistan.
  • Support veterans if their small business suffers due to deployment.
  • Up to $20,000 interest free loan to repair the business.
  • Maximum of 2 loans.
public records
Public Records
  • Help in obtaining free certified copies of public records of marriage, death, divorce, and birth for claims purposes. This includes requests for military records and awards.
oregon military funeral honors program
Oregon Military Funeral Honors Program

A burial allowance is offered (if receiving USDVA benefits at time of death), burial flag, grave marker and, if desired, burial in a national cemetery.

burial at sea program
Burial At Sea Program

Veterans and family members are also eligible for Burial At Sea. Anyone desiring burial at sea should indicate that preference in writing (in a will or other legal document).

  • Contact information:
    • Portland Claims 503-412-4777
    • Salem Claims 503-373-2085
    • Toll Free 1-800-692-9666